accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [Release Test - No Vote] Accumulo 1.7.3-rc0
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 20:30:01 GMT
I completed a successful 1 day run of CI+verification w/o agitation on
EC2 using Muchos using the staged ninary tar.

When the table got to 1K tablets, ingest slowed down a good bit.  I
made the following config changes suggested in this post[1] and things
sped back up.

  config -s table.durability=flush
  config -t accumulo.metadata -d table.durability
  config -t accumulo.root -d table.durability

Cluster info :

 1 leader m3.xlarge
 8 workers d2.xlarge
 Centos 7
 Hadoop 2.7.3
 Zookeeper 3.4.9
 open jdk 1.8 from Centos yum repo

Verification output
  REFERENCED=36410538934
  UNREFERENCED=7190163

Now I am going to start a run with agitation.

[1]: http://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2016/11/02/durability-performance.html

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Ed Coleman <dev1@etcoleman.com> wrote:
> I've run through the release process using:
>
> ./assemble/build.sh --create-release-candidate
>
> The artifacts have been published and the branch pushed to the Accumulo repository.
This test release only contains the code for 1.7.3, other artifacts (release notes, web pages,...)
have not be added / modified.  I did this to 1) see if it would actually work for me, 2) to
help determine what configuration / steps I have incorrect.

> Following the instructions for creating a release, I'm a little lost with the instructions
versus what the build script did.  For example,

> "One unwanted side-effect of this approach is that after creating this branch, but before
invoking release:perform, you must edit the release.properties to add the -rcN suffix to the
value of scm.tag."

> Is this something that I need to do between stages of the script? Answering the prompts
seemed to push things through and did not require additional information.

> Looking at the referenced keys (https://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS) my key is
not in that file - is this something I need to add via a separate update / commit?