accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>
Subject Changes to external test code in 2.0.0
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 18:35:42 GMT
For Accumulo 2.0.0, I moved the external Accumulo test suites such as
continuous ingest and random walk to a new accumulo-testing repo[1]. In
addition to moving the code to a new repo, I changed how these tests are
deployed and run.  They used to ship in the Accumulo tarball (in the test
directory) and were run using the accumulo command. To run them now, users
clone the accumulo-testing repo and run tests using a new
`accumulo-testing` command that builds a bundled jar and runs test clients
locally or on multiple machines using YARN.

Currently, I have only added continuous ingest, random walk, and the
agitator to the new accumulo-testing command. There are other external
tests[2] that were moved over but have not been added yet as it looks like
many are no longer used or maintained.  If you still use one of these
tests, let me know and I will update it and add it to accumulo-testing
command.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo-testing
[2]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo-testing/tree/master/test