accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exception from thrift
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:32:35 GMT
I think he's using the Thrift proxy, Marc (given the first message).

Z -- I would check the Thrift proxy's log to see if the exception was
logged there, or the TabletServer(s) log otherwise. It might just be a
defect that the Thrift proxy server doesn't pass along that information
to your client correctly..

Marc P. wrote:
> Z,
>    Is this your custom thrift RPC call or an object against the thrift
> proxy? If you are connecting to the proxy, then perhaps explore the
> exception further there or within Accumulo's Monitor. Depending on the
> problem that's occurring a retry will likely yield the same result.
> Do you have access to either to determine the problem? If you are using the
> proxy I would venture to guess that the rejection is likely
> one that isn't to be ignored.
>
> If you are doing your own thrift RPC calls, then I may be able to provide
> some code snippets to help as you get different
> information from writing your own calls; however, I don't want to assume
> you have gone down this route and provide incorrect information.
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:22 PM, z11373<z11373@outlook.com>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks Marc for quick response.
>> The code throws exception when its calling flush(), and I was told since we
>> are using older version of Thrift C++ files, complete exception info may
>> not
>> be returned. Here is snippet of my code to catch it:
>>
>>          try {
>>              writer.addMutation(mutation);
>>              writer.flush();
>>          }
>>          catch (const accumulo::AccumuloSecurityException&  ase) {
>>              std::cerr<<  stage<<  " Hit accumulo security exception:
"<<