accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: exception from thrift
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:19:38 GMT
Thanks Josh! You are right, I am using the Thrift proxy with the proxy server
came with Accumulo installation. Actually, now it's getting obvious that the
problem is likely not Thrift itself, but Accumulo side.
That exception was due to timeout (thanks to Mike Moss who helped me
pointing the issue), and looking at the code, I passed 10s timeout setting
to batch writer. That setting may not be long enough as this test client
(with 50 instances running) will write tenths of MBs of data, and when
Accumulo server is busy.

To proof that, I wrote a simple Java client program that mimic same thing
like that C++ client, and it also hit the same issue when I set 10s timeout.
I don't see the exception when I tried with 60s timeout.

I have side question though, for this case when timeout happens and write
failed, to retry the write I need to re-create the connection too, right?

Thanks,