accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Index Table for Accumulo Hive Queries
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 19:38:26 GMT
Hi Mike,

As far as I understand it, the Hive storage handler APIs (which is how
the Accumulo integration is implemented) doesn't expose any ability to
do use index tables to answer some query.

This means that the only thing you can do to make queries faster, would
be to create a number of tables, pivoted on the columns you care about,
putting the important columns in the rowId. Then, you would have to know
which table to use at the application layer.

Admittedly, this is pretty lacking. I'd have to go look at the Hive
community to see if this is something that's been built there.

- Josh

Fagan, Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to utilize an index table to avoid full table scans and speed up hive queries
against an external accumulo table.