accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject accumulo thrift server error
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 20:39:37 GMT
We have C++ client talking to Accumulo server via Thrift, so there are
Accumulo proxy/thrift instances running on the server. The client got
exception, and upon investigation on Accumulo thrift server, this error line
is found:

2017-01-31 18:00:11,806 [rpc.CustomNonBlockingServer$CustomFrameBuffer]
ERROR: Read a frame size of 18986583, which is bigger than the maximum
allowable buffer size for ALL connections.

This issue is likely the client is trying to write data bigger than 16MB to
Accumulo thrift, which the max frame size is set to 16MB on the server side.
Therefore, I made change on client side to explicitly call
apache::thrift::transport::TFramedTransport::setMaxFrameSize and pass 16 *
1024 * 1024 value (or 16MB).

Unfortunately I still hit same issue, so either I missed something, or what
I did was wrong. If you have experience on Thrift, or ever ran into this
issue, let me know how to workaround this issue.

Thanks,