accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Running Accumulo on a standard file system, without Hadoop
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:35:57 GMT
IIRC, Accumulo *only* uses the HDFS client, so it needs something on the other side that can
respond to that protocol. MiniAccumulo starts up MiniHDFS for this. You could run some other
type of service locally that is HDFS client compatible (something like Quantcast QFS[1], setting
up client [2]). If Accumulo is using something in Hadoop outside of the public client API,
this may not work.

[1] https://github.com/quantcast/qfs
[2] https://github.com/quantcast/qfs/wiki/Migration-Guide