accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Miller <mmil...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Iterator Clean Up
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 16:18:41 GMT
I am struggling with writing Iterator tests for ACCUMULO-1280. One Iterator
in particular makes me scratch my head is the OrIterator. It doesn't have a
Test (ACCUMULO-3208) and some of the code appears stale/illogical.  This
class, combined with my other Iterator struggles, makes me wonder if there
are some classes than can be deprecated...

./apache/accumulo/core/iterators$ ls *.java system/*.java user/*.java | wc
-l
72

Just looking at numbers between these 3 directories we have 72 classes
pertaining to Iterators/Filters/Combiners. Can any of these safely be
deprecated in 2.0.0?

We already have this ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3521> for unused Iterator
classes.  Instead of creating tests for these classes, could they be
deprecated?