accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write or Ingest bottleneck
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 16:38:12 GMT
Without seeing your images:

Make sure that your split points actually divide up your data.

For example, if you only write data where the rowId starts with the
letters a-z but your split the table on numbers 0-9, only one tablet
will receive the data.

The entries in a table is an approximation. It does not account for data
that is only resident in memory. If you issue a compaction (`compact -t
<tablename> -w` in the Accumulo shell) after you have written all of the
data, you will see a correct number of results in the Monitor. The
monitor is only for informational purposes -- it often times is showing
approximations, not guaranteed consistent results.

"pre-split table using the threshold points" <- I don't know what you
mean by "threshold points".