accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updates to Accumulo scripts for 2.0
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 22:56:55 GMT
I would strongly prefer we keep our scripts simple, to allow users to
easily wrap them in cgroups, containers, systemd units, etc. Besides,
cgroups don't even exist on all supported platforms. We should not be
baking in cgroups management into the scripts directly. The easier we make
Accumulo scripts, the more users will be able to build on them easily.