accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>
Subject Updates to Accumulo scripts for 2.0
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 18:17:39 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I started work on on simplifying the Accumulo scripts and configuration
files for the 2.0 release. Given that this change could impact many, I
wanted to solicit feedback early in the process. Below is the JIRA issue
for this work and a pull request with some initial code:

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/160

While the code in the pull request works, it's not ready to be merged. I
plan to do more work on it. If you don't have a lot of time to review the
PR, I would read the updated INSTALL.md instructions and take a look at the
new scripts in 'bin' using links below:

https://github.com/mikewalch/accumulo/blob/accumulo-4490/INSTALL.md
https://github.com/mikewalch/accumulo/tree/accumulo-4490/assemble/bin

Many of the old scripts in 'bin' were moved a new 'scripts' directory but I
plan on simplifying or even removing them. In the future, I think scripts
in 'bin' should follow semantic versioning and those in 'scripts' should be
considered implementation and subject to change. Let me know what you
think.

-Mike