accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Miller <michaelpmil...@gmail.com>
Subject CompactionStrategy Questions
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 14:33:30 GMT
I am writing some documentation for compaction strategies to go with the
TwoTierCompactionStrategy I created and had a few questions...

Any reason we have both Size and SizeLimit CompactionStrategy? As far as I
can tell the only functional difference is SizeLimit is inclusive and Size
is exclusive.

What's the deal with ConfigurableCompactionStrategy? The name implies a
simple configurable class but it has a bunch of private static Tests
defined and options used for testing baked in.