accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release plan 1.6.6
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 23:37:41 GMT
Okay, so now that 1.8.0 is wrapping up, I'd like to push out a release of
1.6.6, and plan to cease active development on that branch.

This will allow us to focus our development and bugfixes on the latest
releases, while closing out the 1.6 line with a rollup of the bugfixes
we've worked so far.

Does anybody wish to act as release manager for 1.6.6? Perhaps somebody who
hasn't done a release? If not, I'll volunteer to take it on, but I want to
give somebody else the opportunity first.

Currently, I see around 50 issues for 1.6.6 in JIRA. I've bumped a few
already, so there's only a few left, which could be bumped or not,
depending on if they get finished quickly.