accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:30:54 GMT
I think we should, yes. The expectations were made clear when the vote was
initiated, which were consistent with our bylaws and ASF release voting.

We already had an extra 14 minutes grace period anyway, because the email
was sent 14 minutes and 72 hours before the vote closed.

If we break the expectations, that changes everything... for example... a
few minutes after the deadline, we were able to determine that all
bin/accumulo commands with a dash in them are broken. With that full
information, I would have changed my vote to -1, but did not because my
expectation was that the vote was already closed.

Let's just move on to getting rc4 out rather than debate the voting
mechanics and whether we should break our own rules and expectations.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:

> Are we really going to be this stingy in terms of minutes?
>
> I really think this should just go out...
>
> Michael Wall wrote:
> > This vote fails with
> >
> > two +1s
> > one +0s
> >
> > There was also a +0 and +1 that came in after the vote expired.
> >
> > Christopher has identified some issues we will work on fixing and try
> > again.  Getting closer :)
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Christopher<ctubbsii@apache.org>  wrote:
> >
> >> +0
> >>
> >> Verified all ITs (including performance tests) pass, except for
> occasional
> >> timeouts and the occasional "Connection reset by peer" issues with
> >> Replication drain.
> >> Verified all SIGs and hashes.
> >> Verified branch matches source tarball and jars match what's in bin
> >> tarball.
> >> Verified no unexpected new artifacts included in deploy.
> >> Verified sources/javadoc jar existences.
> >>
> >> I'd like to get ACCUMULO-4423 and ACCUMULO-4443 in, so that's available
> in
> >> the .0 TESTING docs for users, but it's not a blocker.
> >> There's a possibility that something is broke with "bin/accumulo
> >> rfile-info", which I need to investigate. Also not a blocker, but would
> be
> >> unfortunate if that didn't work out of the box.

> >> release.

> default.

> >> see

> >> tservers