accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wall <mjw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Plan for next release
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 21:38:09 GMT
+1

After talking this over with Christopher and others since Fri, I really
like the following:
- easing the testing burden by removing the 1.8 branch that needed to be
tested against both Java 1.7 and 1.8
- simplifying development by getting back to developing in master
- finally getting to use Java 1.8 features

The only negative I can see is that the work we did for the 1.8 RCs is
wasted.  The advantages listed above far outweigh that for me.