accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Plan for next release
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 21:49:20 GMT
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:38 PM Michael Wall <mjwall@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only negative I can see is that the work we did for the 1.8 RCs is
> wasted.  The advantages listed above far outweigh that for me.

Not entirely wasted. The testing was informative and produced a few issues
to address. It also gave me some confidence in the stability of thrift
0.9.3, which I was concerned about, and the release notes would still carry
over. JIRA cleanup which was done will also carry over (though we'd have a
few extra JIRA tasks to take care of from this... I volunteer to take care
of all the JIRA version relabeling so nobody else has to deal with that
bit). Testing a 2.0.0-rc1 should be very similar to testing a 1.8.0-rc3
(except no need to test with Java 7). :)