accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Java 8
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:46:39 GMT
We need to make sure this release works with Java 8 anyway... but this
change would tighten things up a bit, so we don't have to worry about
supporting Java 7. It narrows our testing and allows us to focus on just
the non-EOL, modern Java versions that we should be realistically expecting
users of Accumulo 1.8 to be using anyway.