accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Java 8
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 21:01:03 GMT
I know we've talked about this before, but I kind of want to just use Java
8 for Accumulo 1.8. It'd help clean up some things in the build (can make
use of newer versions of build plugins, and make it easier for new
development against the latest release).

I just don't know how reasonable it is to keep making new, non-bugfix
releases on EOL JDKs (even though I may have previously argued that it'd be
safer to just wait until a major version bump).