accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Orphaned MAC processes
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:41:16 GMT
Tried running the ITs overnight for 1.8.0rc3

{noformat}
Running
org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.UnorderedWorkAssignerReplicationIT
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO:
os::commit_memory(0x00000000f1900000, 157810688, 0) failed;
error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)
#
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (malloc) failed to allocate 157810688 bytes
for committing reserved memory.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/elserj/accumulo-180-rc3/accumulo-1.8.0-src/test/hs_err_pid5342.log
Running org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.KerberosReplicationIT
Running org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.ReplicationRandomWalkIT
Running org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.SequentialWorkAssignerIT
Running
org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.GarbageCollectorCommunicatesWithTServersIT
Running org.apache.accumulo.test.replication.WorkMakerIT
zsh: killed     mvn verify -fn
{noformat}

What I'm seeing now is that I have 28 orphaned Java processes, all of
them appear to be from MAC on these specific test classes.

Has anyone else noticed that we're leaking these processes? Are we not
launching them correctly such that when the PPID dies, they continue to
live?