accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Co-working day notes from 2016/08/16
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 21:09:46 GMT
In the spirit of full-transparency, here's a summary of some
conversations that I recall being discussed during a central Maryland
co-working day. As always, these were just some discussions between
individuals - not project planning.

* Discussed ongoing testing efforts for 1.8.0 release candidates (rc1
and rc2 at the time). See dev-list for more information as this is
happening in realtime.

* The maven-semver-plugin and the ability for that tool to replace what
we currently rely on japi to do [1]

* Lengthy discussion about the final steps to remove Accumulo's
dependency on log4j1 and think about a path forward to support other
logging frameworks (behind slf4j) such as logback or log4j2 [2]

* Discussed the feasibility of introducing a priority mechanism to
scheduling bulk-imports. We talked about introducing a PriorityQueue
into the Master to provide some ordering of requests. Time would likely
be a factor in computing this priority (for the Queue) to ensure that
non-important bulkimport requests are not ignored indefinitely.

- Josh

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4307
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c6cc4db59228daf8aa7ea4af01b89debafd17bf65d6aace27a3a74f3@%3Cdev.accumulo.apache.org%3E