accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject LocalityGroupDeleter
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 20:54:08 GMT
Hey, folks,

Yesterday I asked on IRC about whether there was an optimized way to delete
all key/value pairs in a locality group. Keith had the great suggestion
that, since compactions are done separately for each locality group, I
could write a custom iterator that returned false from hasTop if the
iterator was seeked with the right column families.

If it's useful to anyone else, the code is in this gist:
https://gist.github.com/rweeks/bedb96e20fcb8d2d2f27c555494181c5 and it
works pretty well, thanks Keith!

It would be more convenient for the end-user to configure the iterator with
a specific locality group, instead of a set of column families that must
match a locality group for the iterator to work correctly. Unfortunately
the iterator doesn't have the necessary context to map a locality group
name to the CFs in that group (as far as I can tell).

-Russ