accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Miller <michaelpmil...@gmail.com>
Subject ChangeSecret Utility
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:29:53 GMT
I was looking at the bug ACCUMULO-2971
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2971> but I am unable to
get the ChangeSecret utility to run. I also noticed the bug 2972
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2972> which states the
documentation should instruct the user to run the utility as so:
accumulo org.apache.accumuloserver.util.ChangeSecret

I have a standalone instance of 1.7.2 setup on my machine. I am running the
utility as myself, which is also the user that is running Hadoop and who
has control over the files in HDFS, but when the utility prompts for the
passwords, it is only letting me enter a single keystroke for each
password. Then I get an
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException because I am unable to
enter the passwords correctly.

Christopher suggested that it might be an issue with the latest JLine jar
(2.11) so I pulled down the older jar (2.10) and replaced the newer jar in
my lib. This didn't seem to have any effect. Could this be an issue with my
local install?