accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Miller <michaelpmil...@gmail.com>
Subject ACCUMULO-1604 Bug Fix
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 17:29:59 GMT
Hello Devs,

For those of you I have yet to meet, my name is Mike Miller and I am the
newbie who is going to be helping out on Accumulo development. I have been
working with Accumulo as a Java developer on an ingest and query project
for the past year.  I doubt I'll be able to fill the shoes of past
contributors but I hope that I can make a positive contribution to the
project.

I have browsed the JIRA tickets labelled "newbie" and selected the
ACCUMULO-1604 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1604> bug to
fix (more so as a learning exercise than anything). I just wanted to make
sure I am reproducing the bug correctly and to propose a solution.

I believe I reproduced the bug by getting the ColumnAgeOffFilter to throw
an "IllegalArgumentException: bad TTL options" in the
o.a.a.core.iterators.user.FilterTest.test2a(). I did this by adding the
following line:
ColumnAgeOffFilter.setNegate(is, true);
This Exception is caused by: NumberFormatException: For input string "true"

The comments in the ticket discuss adding "column:" prefix to options for
the ColumnAgeOffFilter. Please correct me if I am wrong but I think it can
be fixed without having to change the syntax of the options. Wouldn't
adding a check to the loop in the constructor of TTLSet to ignore the
NEGATE option on any strings in objectStrings param prevent this error from
occurring?  The negate option would still be seen by the parent, without
any further changes.

Looking forward to working with you folks!
-Mike M.