accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove directory assembly
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 21:33:49 GMT
Hi all,

Awhile back, when I was working on moving all our build artifacts to the
target directory during a maven build, I created a directory assembly,
which looked just like an extracted binary tarball, in the aseemble/target
directory (or another location, if you overrode the DEV_ACCUMULO_HOME
property). This allowed folks to easily "run Accumulo" out of their dev
environment.

This was a build feature intended exclusively for developers. Do any
developers actually use this?

If not, I'm going to rip it now. After ACCUMULO-4390 (which always builds
the binary tarball), it's just as easy to simply unpack the produced
tarball.

Plus, with MiniAccumuloCluster, which makes development testing easier, I'm
not sure this directory assembly has any value.

If anybody still uses it, and doesn't want to unpack the tarball instead,
let me know, so I can keep it in.