accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Jenkins disclaimer
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:40:17 GMT
I just had an interesting conversation with some folks in HipChat #asfinfra.

As follow-up from that dialogue, I just want to clarify:

The build/CI server I'm running at https://jenkins.revelc.net is not
affiliated with ASF in any way, and is not part of Apache's infrastructure.
Nor is it under the operational control of the Accumulo PMC.

Rather, it is an independent, 3rd-party build server which builds Accumulo,
and attempts to notify the developers of the result via contributions to
Accumulo's public mailing lists, just as any contributor would email the
mailing list to report issues after attempting to build Accumulo manually.
It should not be relied upon in any "official" capacity as "the Accumulo
project's build server".

Any reports it provides to the mailing list are purely advisory. The
Accumulo PMC is free to accept or reject email notifications from this
service, just as it is responsible for moderating any other email
contributions.

I don't know that actually clarifies anything for anybody... but it seemed
prudent to say explicitly, because it seemed like some folks might be
concerned about some projects' reliance on services outside of ASF
infrastructure might be misconstrued as under-the-table donations to the
Foundation.

The bottom line is: this service runs independently from the Foundation, is
not affiliated with the Foundation, and is not being provided as a donation
to the Foundation.

If you have any questions, please send them to me off-list so as not to
disrupt development discussions.

:)