accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposed binary packaging changes
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 21:58:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:43 PM Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to bring to your attention
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4356, for discussion. Feel
> free to comment here or on the issue.

Reading back through all the replies, I don't see a *strong* consensus, but
it does seem like there's some acceptance of my proposal (perhaps with some
reservations).

It seems people are mostly "okay" with this, so long as it's pushed off to
the future (2.0+), and is accompanied by some automated way of downloading
dependency jars, and collating their LICENSE/NOTICE files.

So, unless there's more discussion here, my intention is to proceed to
create a pull request against the 2.0 branch (currently: master) which
replaces our assembly bundling with a downloader script. That way, if
there's any additional feedback on the specific implementation, folks will
be able to comment directly on that.