accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Htrace4, Hadoop 2.7
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 22:30:07 GMT
I'm sure I know some people trying to use Accumulo+HDFS tracing, and it's
going to cause a problem no matter what, because Hadoop and Accumulo aren't
always upgraded at the same time. I just want to make sure it gets better
at some point, if both are sufficiently up-to-date.

Backporting patches to support specific users in custom environments isn't
a big deal, I think, so long as those backports don't have to be maintained
indefinitely, and the conflict will be resolved at some point in the
roadmap.