accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Can no longer obtain JDK6/JDK7 tarballs
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:37:07 GMT
To your specific problem, Christopher, Hadoop relies on Docker to
install a correct build environment (per branch) and on branch-2
successfully uses oracle's JDK 7 and JDK 8 on Ubuntu Trusty, which I
believe is still a modern OS.

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-2/dev-support/docker/Dockerfile

i.e.:

# Auto-accept the Oracle JDK license
RUN echo oracle-java7-installer shared/accepted-oracle-license-v1-1
select true | sudo /usr/bin/debconf-set-selections
RUN apt-get -q install --no-install-recommends -y oracle-java7-installer
# Auto-accept the Oracle JDK license
RUN echo oracle-java8-installer shared/accepted-oracle-license-v1-1
select true | sudo /usr/bin/debconf-set-selections
RUN apt-get -q install --no-install-recommends -y oracle-java8-installer

Perhaps there is a similar Docker based option for your OS?

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
> We can also rely on nightly builds against jdk versions installed on
> ASF jenkins to catch incorrect api usage.
>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the tip!  Animal sniffer seems like it will solve the problem of
>>> building using JDK8.
>>
>> The bootclasspath is stronger, but takes more arrangements. You need a
>> way to get the 1.7 rt.jar in the picture without getting tangled up in
>> IP issues.

OS

Oracle

--