accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Jenkins notifications to dev list?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 21:49:48 GMT
But, at the same time, if we're going to be using this as a reliable
means for whether or not our tests are passing (which I would expect all
developers to be doing), it should be written down like we do for other
developer-related knowledge.

I don't see why we can't present it with the caveats you state. It feels
like we're starting a boys-club if we have something we're going to rely
upon for development that we don't tell anyone about...

Christopher wrote:
> Given its "non-official" status (with respect to its affiliation with the
> Foundation and PMC), I'd prefer not to formally list it on the website.
> That might imply some long-term persistence and/or guarantees about
> availability to the community, and I cannot offer such guarantees.
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 3:57 PM Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Bueno. Makes sense to me and avoids future issues with that lengthy
>> disclaimer you sent previously :)
>>
>> Maybe have something on the website for contributors/new-devs to find
>> out about too?
>>
>> Christopher wrote:
>>> Well, it's already self-service, for those I've added. For anybody else,
>>> can add you if you send me your GitHub username. Then, you'll just have
>>> accept my invitation to the revelc organization on GitHub, and you'll be
>>> able to log in and add yourself to the post-build notifications.

>> notification

>> list
 I'll

email from non