accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Board report draft July 2016
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 19:07:59 GMT
+1 LGTM.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Billie Rinaldi" <billie@apache.org>
To: "Accumulo Dev List" <dev@accumulo.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 12:48:51 PM
Subject: Board report draft July 2016

Hello Apache Accumulo community,

The Apache Accumulo PMC has decided to start drafting our quarterly ASF
board reports in the dev community. The next board report is due tomorrow,
and our draft is included below. If you have any suggestions, let us know!

Billie
-------

The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust,
scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
access control and customizable server-side processing. It is based on
Google's BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop,
Zookeeper, and Thrift.

Summary
The project is active and there are no Board-level issues at this time.
We have made one new release since the previous report and have
not added any committers/PMC members.

Releases
Version 1.7.2 was released on 6/20/2016.

Activity
The number of subscribers to the user and dev lists has increased
slightly and mailing list / commit activity is up slightly over the previous
quarter.

In the past 3 months, there have been 211 commits to the master branch
from 13 authors, 4 of whom are not yet committers.

Version 1.7.2 has been released and we are wrapping up a handful of
issues for the 1.8.0 release.

Around 15 people attended an Accumulo meetup in San Jose, where
Josh Elser spoke about features that have been completed for 1.8.0
and Bill Slacum discussed how to build resilient applications on
Accumulo.

Community
Michael Wall was added as a committer and PMC member on 4/11/2016.
No new committers or PMC members have been added since the last
report.