accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.7.2-rc2
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:32:20 GMT
On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dylan Hutchison wrote:
>
>> +1 with notes below~
>>
>> * NOTICE and LICENSE look good to my inexperienced eyes.
>> * Source-compiled binary tar.gz matches the binary tar.gz artifact, except
>> for META-INF entries.
>> * Unit tests pass.
>> * Good checksums and sigs. Fingerprint matches Mike's key.
>> * Graphulo tests pass.
>>

> Yay, API compatibility :)
>
> * Sunny integration tests pass on a single-node standalone deployment.
>> Tested on Zookeeper 3.4.6 and both Hadoop 2.4.1 and 2.7.2.
>>
>> Notes / Questions:
>>
>>     1. On the ITs: for some reason I can't figure out, the "stop Accumulo
>>     processes" part of ReadWriteIT#sunnyDay gives me trouble when I run it
>>     alongside the others, but it passes when I run it alone.  Similar
>> story for
>>     ExamplesIT#testBulkIngest.
>>

> Interesting. Are you setting forkMode > 1? Or running multiple invocations
> of the build at the same time? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the logic
> we have to 'test' is actually wrong when we have concurrent processes
> running, but I'm not sure why these two in particular would have troubles.

Nope, I didn't mess with forkMode.  In case it helps, here is the command I
use for which the two ITs fail:

mvn verify -P sunny  -Daccumulo.it.properties="..." \
 -DACCUMULO_CONF_DIR="$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf" -Dhadoop.version=2.7.2

Here is the command for which the two ITs succeed (similar for
ReadWriteIT#sunnyDay):

mvn test-compile failsafe:integration-test failsafe:verify
-Daccumulo.it.properties="..." -Dhadoop.version=2.7.2 \

-Dit.test=ExamplesIT#testBulkIngest -DfailIfNoTests=false
-DACCUMULO_CONF_DIR="$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf"

>     2. On diffing the source-built binary with the binary artifact: it
>> seems
>>     the source-built binary has more license information in
>>     the META-INF/DEPENDENCIES than the binary artifact, in addition to a
>> few of
>>     the entries being permuted.  This holds true for all the jars except
>>     accumulo-fate.jar.  Here is a pastebin for the source-built binary
>> deps
>>     <http://pastebin.com/HJZB2See>, and a pastebin for the binary
>> artifact
>>     deps<http://pastebin.com/nKfxWd2c>  for accumulo-core.jar.  Here is
>> a pastebin
>>     of their diff<http://pastebin.com/jYtggRLK>.  I don't know how
>>     significant the difference is; maybe Sean or Christopher could
>> comment.
>>

> This is probably due to the difference in the release-process creation of
> the binary tarball and what gets built when you just do a `mvn package` on
> your computer (e.g. activating the 'apache-release' Maven profile). I also
> see findbugs in the list, so that's likely unintended.

Indeed I used a different command than the one used for releasing.  Mystery
solved.  The command I used for this is

mvn clean install -P assemble -P docs -DskipTests -Dfindbugs.skip
-Dhadoop.version="2.7.2"