accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClientConfiguration doesn't check classpath
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:55:48 GMT
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM Mike Drob <madrob@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > To get rid of the warning, don't use ClientConfiguration.loadDefault().
> > Unit tests should be self-contained, and not use the user's environment.
> > Instead, use "new ClientConfiguration()". If you're still getting that
> > warning, we need to fix it. That constructor shouldn't be reading any
> > external config.
> >
> > I'm calling new ZookeeperInstance(instanceName, zooKeepers) which calls
> ClientConfiguration.loadDefault() for me. Maybe need to deprecate all of
> the ZKI constructors that don't take a configuration object due to this
> warning? That would be really cumbersome from a usability perspective
> though.

I agree it'd be cumbersome. I don't think we should do that, so long as
we're stuck on our current API, using Instance/Connector. I'd expect any
client code to still try to read the client configuration file, so perhaps
this is only an issue for our tests? That's the only case I'd expect client
code to not try to read the configuration file.