accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Timely - Secure Time Series Database
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:53:13 GMT

In the Grafana U/I you can specify a set of tags for the metric query. We take the first tag
and seek to it, then take the remaining tags in the query and filter on them. Specifying the
tags in the metric query in order of more specific to less specific will give better performance.
I thought I had documented this in the README, but looking for it now I can't find it. Thanks
for reminding me :-)

----- Original Message -----

From: "Russ Weeks" <rweeks@newbrightidea.com>
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org, user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:42:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Timely - Secure Time Series Database

Fascinating stuff, thanks!

Can I ask, what's the motivation for permuting the tagKey+tagValues between
the CF and CQ in the metrics table? It doesn't seem like it would optimize
any queries unless you defined locality groups for some or all
tagKey+tagValue pairs. In the example in the readme, would you define a
locality group for each rack, instance and/or host?

Thanks again,
-Russ