accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.7.2-rc1
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:38:19 GMT
Thanks for the info, Mike!

Keith Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Mike Drob<mdrob@mdrob.com>  wrote:
>
>> >  Unit tests pass.
>> >
>> >  ITs mostly pass. Have had transient failures on some, but have seen them
>> >  all pass as well:
>> >     DurabilityIT (ACCUMULO-4343)
>> >     ChaoticBalancerIT (times out sometimes, completes other times, unable to
>> >  consistently reproduce)
>> >     AssignmentThreadsIT.testConcurrentAssignmentPerformance (was not
>> >  performant enough, I assume this was a hardware contention issue)
>> >
>> >  Installed on a cdh5.7.0 cluster and did some basic insert and query
>> >  operations.
>> >
>> >  Have not run CI, RW, or anything for replication tests yet. I'm about 50/50
>> >  on having time to do that this week, so if anybody else wants to volunteer,
>> >

> I started CI w/o agitationrunning on 9  EC2 nodesyesterday.   I will
> probably start a run w/ agitation.

Thanks, Keith. I wouldn't be able to get anything together until
Thursday night at best. If you want to extend the VOTE over the weekend,
I'll try to run stuff too, but I don't think it's necessary if Keith is
on the ball.

>> >  that would be swell. I know we've discussed a lower test bar for bugfix
>> >  releases in the past, so maybe we don't strictly need them? (A vote thread
>> >  is probably not the best place to discuss this, though).
>> >

> I agree.  I think these decisions can be made per release.  If someone
> feels inadequate testing was done for a release they can vote accordingly
> and explain the vote.

Ditto. I was asking just to understand what you had done so far, not to
turn around and tell you that you didn't do enough :)

A quick CI and/or RW is always nice, but definitely not the 1 and 3 day
runs that we do for the "major" (in our old terms, "minor" in terms of
semver) releases.