accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: cached connector
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:53:35 GMT
Sorry to bring up this old thread.
I decided to cache my object, because apparently it took additional 2s for
initializing Accumulo stuff (besides connection to 2 datacenters, it creates
writer/scanner for few tables). I do have different but somewhat related
question here.

My service is running on Jetty, and there are several instances running in
the cluster. Still, when there are many requests coming, 1 Jetty service
instance will need to handle many requests, and since I cache the object,
all of them will share the same Accumulo connector and writers (they don't
share scanners, because I read somewhere it said that's not recommended).

Will this approach of sharing Accumulo connector cause bottleneck, hence
lower the throughput?

Thanks,