accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time for a 1.8.0 release?
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 22:41:48 GMT
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 9:42 PM Michael Wall <mjwall@gmail.com> wrote:

> After last weeks discussion with Josh, Christopher and others at the
> Accumulo Working Day, I am going to shepherd the 1.8 release.  First step
> is to create a release candidate?  Before I do that, are there any tickets
> that need to get into the release?  I know Keith mentioned 1 or 2 and I
> have one I'd like to finish.
>
> Here is what Jira says is unresolved,
> https://s.apache.org/accumulo-1.8-unresolved
>
> On Wed I would like to move all tickets not identified for the 1.8 release
> to 2.0.  Then on Friday I would like to cut the first release candidate for
> 1.8.  Is that enough time?  Anything I am missing?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

I think it's probably time. I don't know that I'd bump the stuff to 2.0.
I'd rather bump it to 1.9, just because we've been on a roll with this
backwards compatibility thing, and I think there's probably ongoing demand
for updated 1.x versions.

I'll try to go through the issues I've created (or have assigned to me) and
bump them myself. So, if you could hold off on that for a few more days, it
would help.

Also, keep in mind, if you do bump using JIRAs batch features, you've got
to do it multiple times, depending on if they have more than one fixVersion
on them, otherwise you'll overwrite the multiple versions with a single one
(or vice versa).

Eg.
(1.6.6, 1.7.2, 1.8.0) -> (1.6.6, 1.7.2, 1.8.1) // should just be bug fixes
(1.7.2, 1.8.0) -> (1.7.2, 1.8.1) // should just be bug fixes
(1.8.0) -> (1.8.1 or 1.9.0) // depends on if bugfix or feature addition