accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo not initializing
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 14:02:23 GMT
Adina Crainiceanu wrote:
> Amila,
>

> 2 ideas:
>
> 1) Are you sure that Zookeeper started successfully? Maybe it did not. Make
> sure the permissions on that local dir you used for dirData are correct.
>
> Try the
> sudo echo ruok | nc 127.0.0.1 2181
>
> if you don;t get imok back, start Zookeeper
>

>> Thread "org.apache.accumulo.master.state.SetGoalState" died Failed to
>> connect to zookeeper (localhost:2181) within 2x zookeeper timeout period
>> 30000
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to connect to zookeeper (localhost:2181)
>> within 2x zookeeper timeout period 30000
>>
>> at org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooSession.connect(ZooSession.java:123)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooSession.getSession(ZooSession.java:167)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooReader.getSession(ZooReader.java:39)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooReaderWriter.getZooKeeper(ZooReaderWriter.java:50)
>> at
org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooReader.getChildren(ZooReader.java:128)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.server.Accumulo.waitForZookeeperAndHdfs(Accumulo.java:269)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.master.state.SetGoalState.main(SetGoalState.java:46)

Did you try Adina's recommendation? If you're running it inside of
constrained VM, it's possible that you just don't have enough resources
to run it (although, I don't think that's extremely likely).
Essentially, ZooKeeper didn't respond in 60s -- which is likely it's not
reachable by the address you gave it.

Have you properly configured your /etc/hosts file for your system?

 >> WARN : Max open files on localhost is 1024, recommend 32768

Don't ignore this, btw! :)