accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Fikri Akbar <fikri.ak...@ci-mediatrac.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Data authorization/visibility limit in Accumulo
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:51:53 GMT
Hi Again guys,

Thanks Josh & Dylan for the suggestions, here are our updates regarding the
data ingestion & visibility issues.

We've tried several workaround and used some of the suggestions offered for
our particular issues, and we've decided for the data ingestion to use the
bulk ingestion as the most suitable approach for getting large data sets
into accumulo.

"creating Accumuo RFiles and performing bulk ingest/bulk loading is by far
the most efficient way to getting data into Accumulo."

However, for the visibility issue, we don't find any suitable solution from
accumulo (at the moment) to handle the situation. We have suspected that
accumulo's visibility is more towards labeling, turns out it is true :(.
Hence, we decided to build (sort of) security layer for user's data
visibility level. We're on a tight schedule, this won't be the final
solution, but definitely will help us mend the situation a bit. Hopefully
we'll come up/find something better in the near future.

Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated. Cheers

Regards,

*Fikri Akbar*
Technology

*PT Mediatrac Sistem Komunikasi*
Grha Tirtadi 2nd Floor   |   Jl. Senopati 71-73   |   Jakarta 12110   |
Indonesia   |   *M**ap* 6°13'57.37"S 106°48'42.29"E
*P* +62 21 520 2568   |   *F* +62 21 520 4180   |   *M*  +62 812 1243 4786