accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Data authorization/visibility limit in Accumulo
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:50:25 GMT
Yeah, for building a real security-tagging system, the labeling that
Accumulo does is only one "piece of the puzzle". For example, you would
likely have external systems that define the authorizations that your
users would have. The authorization and labeling that Accumulo does is a
hard piece of that puzzle on its own, it's just not, in itself, a
complete solution for you to pull off the shelf.

A very valid criticism of Accumulo would be that there aren't good
public examples available that show how this can be built (they're
always talked about in the abstract).

Such a practical example would be of great worth to the project/community.