accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LruBlockCache alternative
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 14:20:00 GMT
Cool, thanks for the poke, Ben!

Last I checked, our version of the LRUBlockCache was nearly identical to
what was in HBase 1.x. I would imagine this would be easy to bring over.

Maybe we can also try to swipe BucketCache while we're at it and get
some off-heap support for blocks.

Aside: it would be nice if we could somehow find a way to share code
like this across the projects. HBase was interested in FATE for some
time, but eventually created their own new solution. I'm not sure what
else exists that we might want to share between projects.