accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git-based site and jekyll
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 22:14:21 GMT
There seemed to be a slight hiccup with the switchover... it didn't work on
the previous push, but it worked just fine now. I've added some small
javascript/html to our template so it shows a link to our canonical site in
a banner when you're seeing our site hosted in a mirror. The banner is
hidden on our canonical site.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

> With the completion of INFRA-11437
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11437>, our site should now
> be building out of git. They wanted the branch to be called "asf-site", so
> I renamed the one called "accumulo.apache.org". Shortly, I will be
> updating the docs on our site which provide instructions for updating.
>
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 12:25 AM Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Well, if I wasn't a git aficionado before, I'm well on my way. Using some
>> low-level git commands (making full use of StackOverflow[1]), I actually
>> put together a git post-commit hook to automatically regenerate and update
>> the accumulo.apache.org branch (assuming you have one checked out
>> locally) whenever you edit the gh-pages branch.
>>
>> Feel free to check it out here[2]. I've gone ahead and checked it into
>> the gh-pages repo in a "hidden" (from Jekyll) developer area.
>>
>> Basically, if you have a local branch (hopefully one that is up-to-date
>> and tracking upstream accumulo git) called "accumulo.apache.org", and
>> you're current working branch is "gh-pages", all you need to do is copy (or
>> symlink) the file to .git/hooks/post-commit
>>
>> This is just one useful way to automate this. A pre-push hook might work
>> just as well, which commits directly to the remote or something which
>> doesn't require a local up-to-date tracking branch to be useful. Still, I'm
>> pretty proud of it.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> [1]: http://stackoverflow.com/a/35963533/196405
>> [2]: