accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git-based site and jekyll
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:50:13 GMT
So, if everybody's happy doing this, I'll go ahead and perform the
following steps:

1. Push gh-pages branch to our repo
2. Perform a jekyll build on the branch and put it in a branch called "
accumulo.apache.org"
3. Push the accumulo.apache.org branch
4. File INFRA ticket to switch our site to git using the accumulo.apache.org
branch

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wow, that's looking great.  Thanks, Christopher!
>
> Billie
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Josh! I fixed all the issues you saw, except the screenshots one,
> > since that's currently just how our layout is (looks the same at
> > accumulo.apache.org).
> >
> > Most of the bugs you saw were existing bugs with either our HTML or our
> > Markdown... but whatever CMS is doing is a bit more tolerant than
> Kramdown
> > is apparently.
> >
> > Biggest problem I saw was that people keep forgetting quotes around HTML
> > attributes. Example, it should be <a href="location">, not <a
> > href=location>.
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:57 PM Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > * Some companies on http://ctubbsii.github.io/accumulo/people.html are
> > > goofed as are the timezones.
> > > * Some broken links on http://ctubbsii.github.io/accumulo/source.html.
> > > Coding practices are also messed up.
> > > * http://ctubbsii.github.io/accumulo/contrib.html contrib project
> > > entries are a little wacky.
> > > * http://ctubbsii.github.io/accumulo/screenshots.html is weird with
> the
> > > monitor screenshot (should be beneath the text?)
> > > * Just noticed that Other and Documentation both have a link to the
> > > papers/presentations. That might actually be how the site is now, just
> > > realized it's duplicative.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for doing this. It's great!

> > > everything
> > taken
> > push

> at