accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: git-based site and jekyll
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:32:01 GMT
+1 on moving to Jekyll

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 as well. I would be extremely happy moving to Jekyll.
>
> The one concern I had was regarding automatic rendering of what would look
> like "the Apache Accumulo website" on Github (both apache/accumulo github
> account and other forks).
>
> Christopher had said that no one seemed to object in comdev@ when he
> talked about this a while back. I wanted to make sure everyone considered
> this (for example, Christopher's fork of Drill's repository now also looks
> like a canonical host of the Apache Drill project). I'm not actively
> stating that I think it's an issue at this point, only suggesting that we
> give it some thought and maybe ask someone who is more knowledgable (Shane
> from trademarks?) before moving forward. The worst case I envision is that
> we find some way to "gimp" the github-rendered site (redirect back to the
> canonical accumulo.apache.org or similar).

I also I think it would be good to seek clarification on the trademark
issue.  The content of the website is ASF licensed and that gives lot of
freedom.   Howerver, the trademarks are a different animal.  Out of
curiosity, I was reading the following guidance on external entities using
Apache marks.  I don't have enough knowledge or experience to draw any
conclusions from reading the guidance, but found it interesting.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html