accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: delete + insert case
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 02:37:33 GMT
Server-assigned timestamps are done per-batch. This is getting back to
what Keith suggested. It's not that Accumulo isn't "setting the
timestamp properly" like you suggest, this is just how server-assigned
time works.

If you submit a delete and an update, without timestamps, in the same
batch (without a flush inbetween) they'll get the same timestamp, and
the delete will override the update.

tl;dr Use Keith's approach if you can't compute an increasing value for
the timestamp.