accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git-based site and jekyll
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:46:19 GMT
+1 as well. I would be extremely happy moving to Jekyll.

The one concern I had was regarding automatic rendering of what would
look like "the Apache Accumulo website" on Github (both apache/accumulo
github account and other forks).

Christopher had said that no one seemed to object in comdev@ when he
talked about this a while back. I wanted to make sure everyone
considered this (for example, Christopher's fork of Drill's repository
now also looks like a canonical host of the Apache Drill project). I'm
not actively stating that I think it's an issue at this point, only
suggesting that we give it some thought and maybe ask someone who is
more knowledgable (Shane from trademarks?) before moving forward. The
worst case I envision is that we find some way to "gimp" the
github-rendered site (redirect back to the canonical accumulo.apache.org
or similar).