accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: delete + insert case
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:40:02 GMT
Hi Josh,
What I meant by better throughput is less times of calling flush().
My service will receive user request, which is query string contains
DELETE/INSERT statements, which will be translated to Accumulo delete/add
operations. I used to call flush() for each operation, and that hurts
performance. Luckily, by end of request, a callback function will be called,
and there is where I make Accumulo flush call, and perf is improved,
especially if the request generates Accumulo write operations.

Argh... System.currentTimeMillis() not really working, in my test, the add
operation got same timestamp value as prior delete operation (addMutation is
so fast!), I think I should use System.nanoTime()?

Thanks,