accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject delete + insert case
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:33:53 GMT
Hi,
I have object abstraction class which delete/add operation will eventually
translate to calling Accumulo writer.putDelete and writer.put
To achieve higher throughput, the code will only call writer.flush per
request (my implementation knows when it's end of request), instead of
flushing per each delete or add operation.
In this case we have client request calling my service which for example
would be:
1. delete A
2. add A
3. add B

I'd expect the end result would be both row id A and B exists in the table,
but apparently it's only B. I already checked from the log, the order the
code being executed is delete first before add operation. However, I guess
since I call flush after all putDelete and put calls being made, Accumulo
somehow make putDelete 'win' (in same flush cycle), is that correct? If yes,
how to workaround this without sacrificing performance.

Thanks,