accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: cached connector
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 23:09:34 GMT
Hi Keith/Josh,
Are createScanner, createMultiTableBatchWriter, and
connector.securityOperations().getUserAuthorizations expensive operations?
Apparently, I also cache them (called during initialization of my object
that being cached), and now I am not sure if not caching the connector (and
those additional calls) is good idea. One possible option I can think of is
using cache that expires after a period of time. With that, I may be able to
achieve better performance, and avoid this busted connector issue. What do
you guys think?

Thanks,