accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pulling out the examples
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:38:12 GMT
I don't know what it means to be a "formal subproject", but I'm +1 for
disconnecting the examples from our releases, and putting them in their own
repo to assist in making that happen.
I'm not sure what to do about wikisearch. It should probably go in there,
too, but what about its existing repo? Should we request to have it deleted
when it's moved in as an example?

I also wonder what the ASF rule-of-thumb is for stuff like this... the
examples aren't really "projects" in the sense that they are moving towards
an official ASF "release", so much as they are code serving as runnable
documentation.

I do have the concern that every contrib/subproject/extra git repo Accumulo
has seems to be almost entirely ignored, and I don't want that to happen to
the examples.