accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.6.5-rc1
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 21:02:39 GMT
On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:48 PM Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> -1
>
> bad:
> * Also ran into the copyright year thing and it matters to me enough to
> vote -1 (I understand that we're majority vote)

Fixed in rc2

> * the PDF we're publishing contains no copyright statements or an indicator
> that the content is under the ASLv2 (ACCUMULO-4144)
>    I don't think the PDF would be enough by itself to vote -1, since we
> could just excise it from the maven repo for non-conformance after the
> fact.

Non-conformance to what, specifically? Can you link to specific guidance
for it to conform to? I'd rather make it conformant than excise it. A PDF
on its own (HTML we could at least put in HTML comment tags if nothing
else)... is not clear in any guidance I've read.

> good:
> * all sigs + checksums look good
> * all L&N files look good
> * src tarball matches proposed tag commit
> * src builds given binary artifacts
>
> mix of:
> * link to in-progress release notes 404s

It didn't exist when I put out the vote, but it should be on staging now
(at least). Use CMS or SVN to view, if you get a 404.

> * I couldn't get a clean run of unit + ITs, but the failures don't look
> like severe issues, let me know if any of these make folks think we need a
> jira (rather than just being flakes):
>
> [snip]
The first two are already fixed (ACCUMULO-4139, ACCUMULO-4143)
I didn't see the TracerRecoversAfterOfflineTableIT failure, but I have seen
the ConditionalWriterIT.testTrace() failure on several occasions. I'm not
sure what's going on here. Perhaps something specific to the tracer... a
startup delay resulting in dropped traces... or something along those
lines? If you want to help troubleshoot those, I'd be very grateful.

And this one kept waiting for the tracer without recovering for ~5 hours: